CAM-28 FIRST Cambridge Examination (FCE)
This option offers full-time Cambridge First examination (formerly FCE) preparation for set course periods of 5 to 8 weeks. In total it contains a minimum 28 lessons (21 hours) of Cambridge First tuition, preparation and practice per week, plus free social activity options after class.
The Cambridge examinations are among the most widely recognised English Language Tests in the world. They are set by Cambridge Assessment. For more information, visit http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/.
The examinations are held in Cambridge at the end of your course. If you wish to take the examination, you may do so at extra cost and we will help you apply.
Course dates 2019
Last exam date
* For course 3 please note: The exam is held on the Tuesday after your course finishes on the previous Friday. There are no lessons on the day before the exam. However, you may use the school facilities for preparation and our Director of Studies is available for assistance. You can extend your accommodation until after the exam. Please contact us for details.
After-class activities are are offered free of charge at least once a day (Monday to Friday) so you can practice your English in real-life situations. Click on the "Social Activities" tab for full programme details.
Notes to parents and guardians of students under 18 years old
Our CAM-28 preparation is considered to be an "adult" course and therefore we primarily cater for students aged 18 years or older. However, we also welcome students aged 16 & 17 who prefer an "adult" course to a camp programme (such as Sir George or a summer camp).
It is important to note that on CAM-28:
- The levels of supervision are lower than those provided on our camps. We do not provide 24 hour supervision and students will not be supervised during free time
- Students aged under 18 must be in class in the mornings and afternoons, therefore they may not book morning-only classes (EFL-20)
- All students are expected to make their own travel arrangements to and from their accommodation
- It is normal for students to have some periods of time in the homestay house without an adult present
- Students aged 16 & 17 on "adult" courses often study in classes with adults aged 18 or older
- The minimum age of students in class with ages 18 or older will be 16 years old
- Students aged 16 & 17 may be joined in class by ages 14 & 15 (attending the Sir George camp)
- The minimum age of students in class with 16 or 17 year olds will be 14 years old
(see point 20 of our Terms and Conditions)
- There are strict "curfew" rules regarding the latest time under 18s can return to their accommodation in the evening (see our Accommodation page for details)
- The school’s social programme is not compulsory or specifically designed for under 18s. Some activities are not suitable or accessible for students under 18
- Students aged under 18 are not permitted to travel independently outside of Cambridge without a responsible adult and written permission from a parent or guardian
- School social activities are supervised by members of staff, but all students attending social events are expected to make their own way back to their accommodation
- We sell tickets for full-day and weekend excursions run by other companies but not to under 18s, as we do not think the companies which run them provide the necessary supervision for this age group. Under 18s can only join Studio-organised excursions, which are led by our staff but allow unsupervised free-time during the day
- We strongly advise parents of students aged 16 & 17 to arrange return taxi transfers through Studio and avoid independent travel.
- On arrival, students should aim to arrive at their accommodation in Cambridge no later than 20:00
Back to Top Other English courses