IELTS-28 examination preparation -
This option offers full-time IELTS preparation for set course periods of 3 to 4 weeks. In total it contains 28 lessons (21 hours) of IELTS tuition, preparation and practice per week, plus free social activity options after class.
The examination offered by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) leads to an internationally-recognised qualification for entry to universities and colleges throughout the English speaking world.
This Studio Cambridge English course is designed to ensure that you achieve at least the minimum score for entry to a degree course at a British university, usually 6.0. However, it is also suitable for students aiming for 7.0 or higher. You will need to be at least at the Upper Intermediate level (IELTS 5.0) to start this course.
If your level of English is well below your target score, you should start your studies on the
EFL-28 course with afternoon IELTS Preparation and transfer to this course towards the end of your studies.
IELTS-28 preparation course dates 2019
||Last exam date
After-class activities are are offered free of charge at least once a day (Monday to Friday) so you can practice your English in real-life situations. Click on the blue "Activities" tab (left) for full programme details.
Notes to parents and guardians of students under 18 years old
Our IELTS-28 preparation is considered to be an "adult" course and therefore we primarily cater for students aged 18 years or older. However, we also welcome students aged 16 & 17 who prefer an "adult" course to a camp programme (such as Sir George or a summer camp).
It is important to note that on IELTS-28:
- The levels of supervision are lower than those provided on our camps. We do not provide 24 hour supervision and students will not be supervised during free time
- Students aged under 18 must be in class in the mornings and afternoons, therefore they may not book morning-only classes (EFL-20)
- All students are expected to make their own travel arrangements to and from their accommodation
- It is normal for students to have some periods of time in the homestay house without an adult present
- Students aged 16 & 17 on "adult" courses often study in classes with adults aged 18 or older
- The minimum age of students in class with ages 18 or older will be 16 years old
- Students aged 16 & 17 may be joined in class by ages 14 & 15 (attending the Sir George camp)
- The minimum age of students in class with 16 or 17 year olds will be 14 years old
(see point 20 of our Terms and Conditions)
- There are strict "curfew" rules regarding the latest time under 18s can return to their accommodation in the evening (see our Accommodation page for details)
- The school’s social programme is not compulsory or specifically designed for under 18s. Some activities are not suitable or accessible for students under 18
- Students aged under 18 are not permitted to travel independently outside of Cambridge without a responsible adult and written permission from a parent or guardian
- School social activities are supervised by members of staff, but all students attending social events are expected to make their own way back to their accommodation
- We sell tickets for full-day and weekend excursions run by other companies but not to under 18s, as we do not think the companies which run them provide the necessary supervision for this age group. Under 18s can only join Studio-organised excursions, which are led by our staff but allow unsupervised free-time during the day
- We strongly advise parents of students aged 16 & 17 to arrange return taxi transfers through Studio and avoid independent travel.
- On arrival, students should aim to arrive at their accommodation in Cambridge no later than 20:00
Back to Top Other English courses