es fr de it pt pl ar ru ko zh tr ja


Student visa information

Student visa information

The large majority of our students do not need a visa to study in the UK.

No Visa required:

Students from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland do not need a visa. These countries are:

Belgium Bulgaria Cyprus Czech Republic
Denmark Estonia Finland France
Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland
Liechtenstein Latvia Lithuania Luxembourg
Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal
Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland
UK Croatia      


Visa required before you travel:

Students from the following countries do need a visa:

Albania Algeria Angola Armenia
Azerbaijan Bahrain Bangladesh Belarus
Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia Herzegovina Burkina Faso
Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Cape Verde
Central African Republic
Chad People's Republic
of China*
Colombia Comoros
Cuba Democratic Republic
of the Congo
Djibouti Dominican Republic Ecuador
Egypt Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Ethiopia Fiji
Gabon Gambia Georgia Ghana Guinea
Guinea Bissau Guyana Haiti India Indonesia
Iran Iraq Ivory Coast Jamaica Jordan
Kazakhstan Kenya Korea (North) Kosovo Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan Laos Lebanon Lesotho Liberia
Libya N. Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Mali
Mauritania Moldova Mongolia Montenegro Morocco
Mozambique Nepal Niger Nigeria Oman
Pakistan Palestinian Territories Peru Philippines Qatar
Republic of
South Sudan
Russia Rwanda Sao Tome e Principe Saudi Arabia
Senegal Serbia Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa
Sri Lanka Sudan Surinam Swaziland Syria
  Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo
Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Uganda Ukraine
United Arab
Uzbekistan Vatican City Venezuela Vietnam
Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe

The territories formerly comprising the socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia

* unless passports issued by Macao or Hong Kong

Visa MAY BE required before you travel:

  1. If you are from one of the following countries and your course is longer than 6  months you will need a visa from your home country before you travel.
  2. If you are from one of the following countries and your course is 6 months or shorter, you can get the Short-term Study visa stamped into your passport on arrival in the UK.

Brazil Chile   Honduras
Hong Kong Israel Japan Malaysia
Panama Paraguay South Korea Taiwan Uruguay

To make sure:

Visa regulations change and this information may not be up to date. Please check with the British Embassy or Consulate in your home country or on the UK Government website:

Which visa?

The Short-term Study visa is for students taking a short course of study in the UK, such as an English language course. You can stay in the UK for 6 or 11 months if you’re 16 or over and taking an English language course. For more detailed information about which visa to choose, please visit the UKVI website at

For accurate information concerning visas, please contact your local British embassy or consulate or visit their web sites.

After you arrive:

Important notes for when you arrive:

  • The Home Office requires us to have a copy of your passport and visa (if required) if you are studying with us. Please remember to bring this with you on your first day so that we can scan a copy for our records. 
  • Please note that if you do not bring your passport to the school by Tuesday of your first week, you will not be admitted to classes. 
  • If you hold a visa to study in the UK, and you shorten your course, or regularly miss classes, Studio Cambridge is legally obliged to report this to the UK Border Agency.
  • Students who enrol directly at the school and who have entered the country with a Tourist visa are only legally entitled to study for up to 6 weeks.


Please contact us for further information and assistance.

Studio Cambridge students attend Cambridge University lectures

Studio Cambridge’s Sir Christopher and Sir L...

What's on in Cambridge in June

  What’s on in Cambridge in June So y...

Remembering Chris Roberts, Studio's owner for 25 years

Remembering Christopher Roberts 1942 - 2019 ...

10 reasons to choose Cambridge for your English study abroad

  10 reasons to choose Cambridge UK f...


 The Full Circle Education Group of Hong Kong...

UK Universities with best instagram accounts

Cambridge The University of Cambridge digital te...