Entry requirements & applications
- You do not need experience in teaching English, although teaching experience will be helpful. CELTA is an initial teaching qualification aimed at people with little or no experience of teaching English, as well as at teachers with some experience who wish to develop their careers.
- Candidates should have, as a minimum entry requirement, a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education e.g. ‘A’ levels or the equivalent. Work experience can also be taken into account. A degree is not necessary for the course but is a requirement for employment by some schools in the UK and overseas.
- You must be 18 years old or over. Most trainees are at least 20 years of age. If you are aged 18 or 19 years, you will be considered only if you are well qualified in other respects.
- You do not have to be a native-speaker of English. We welcome applications from abroad and we have trainees from other countries on most of our courses. However, you do need a high level of spoken and written English, in terms of both accuracy and fluency (C1-C2 level).
- The potential to communicate and develop rapport with students with different levels of English.
- It is essential to enjoy contact with people of other nationalities.
- It is helpful to have personal experience of learning a language.
Our application procedure is designed to help us make sure you have the potential to pass the course. This is not a guarantee of passing but the process also gives you insight into whether English teaching is for you and whether Studio Cambridge is the right schools for you to train in.
The application process is:
- Please complete the application form and pre-interview task and email them along with your CV to: email@example.com or post them to CELTA, Studio Cambridge, 6 Salisbury Villas, Cambridge, CB1 2JF
- If you meet our entry requirements you will be invited to an interview. Interviews via Skype are available for overseas applicants. The interview is also an opportunity for you to ask us questions.
- If you meet our entry requirements and we feel you have the potential to pass the course, we will offer you a place on the course.
- Your place will be secured once the deposit is received.
There is no deadline for applications as such – we stop taking applications once the course is full, which is typically 2 weeks before the start of the course. We have 12 places available on each course and we invite suitable candidates to interview in order of receiving the application.
Applicants from countries requiring a visa for the UK – we can help you by providing a sponsor letter. Please enquire when you apply.