This month we interviewed Yoonji from Seoul and Alamoudi from Saudi Arabia.
1. What are your names and where are you from?
Yoonji from Seoul
Mohammed Alamoudi from Saudi Arabia.
2. Which course are you doing?
Y: EFL28 and the FCE course
M: EFL 28
3. So far, what do you like most about Studio?
Y: The school activities, they are the best and the teachers and student services staff are very friendly.
M: Jenny because she is very funny and the activities, and Joe, Katie and Maria my teachers.
4. Has your English improved?
Y: Yes, it’s good now, I have learnt a lot from the FCE course.
M: Yes but not 100%
5. What is your favourite thing about Cambridge?
Y: Cambridge is quite a metropolitan city so I can meet people from everywhere. The architecture is beautiful and I feel calm and peaceful here.
M: My favourite thing is the City Centre.
6. How is Cambridge similar/different to your city?
Y: It is very different from my city which is very big and crowded with a lot of skyscrapers.
M: Cambridge is very different, at home there are no cinemas and women cannot drive.
7. What do you think the advantages of living in a Homestay/Residence are?
Y: Homestay is good because at every dinner I can practice English and they do everything for me like my washing.
M: I can talk and improve my speaking with the homestay.
8. What sort of food do you eat in Cambridge? Is that what you expected to eat?
Y: English Breakfast and Italian and some Chinese and Korean food too, yes it is what I expected to eat.
M: A lot of potato and Biryani, yes it is what I expected.
9. How does the food here compare to food in your country?
Y: Korean food is spicier, but I like trying new food here.
M: In my country it is better because we eat rice and kapsa.
10. How do you travel around Cambridge and why?
Y: I get the bus because it was too cold to walk and my house is an hour away walking.
M: I use the bus because I have had an operation on my leg.
Studio Cambridge’s Sir Christopher and Sir L...
What’s on in Cambridge in June So y...
Remembering Christopher Roberts 1942 - 2019 ...
10 reasons to choose Cambridge UK f...
The Full Circle Education Group of Hong Kong...
Cambridge The University of Cambridge digital te...