English plus Life Skills for Teenagers
Our English plus Life Skills online lessons are designed to help teenagers develop the language skills and life skills they need as they go on to become young adults. The classes will strengthen English language, teamwork, cultural understanding, internationalism, social confidence and leadership skills using fun and challenging methods. Above all, students are encouraged to unlock their potential and aim high in the future.
Lessons are smart and active and students will have the chance to work together with their new friends from around the world.
How do online lessons work?
Lessons are 90 minutes and take place on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. You can choose to study one, two or three times per week. Classes are accessed using Zoom – you will need a computer with a camera, somewhere quiet to watch and that’s it!
What is the content of the course?
English language tuition plus stimulating, challenging interactive themes and topics including:
- How to choose a university and a course
- Why sleep? Why stay awake? The science and art of sleeping
- Love and relationships
- Activism and Greta Thunberg
- Social media influencers
- Fake news – is it dangerous?
- Multiculturalism and Immigration
- Gender inequality and women’s rights
- Jobs and career paths
- Addicted to video games
- The environment
- Debating, public speaking and presentation skills
- How to know if someone is attracted to you?
- Making screen time work for you
- How to influence people and get what you want
- Am I a global leader or a global follower?
|Course duration||1,2,3 or 4+ weeks|
|English level required||Elementary to Advanced|
|Time slots available||17:00 – 18:30, Tuesday and/or Thursdays|
09:00 – 10:30, Saturdays
|Hours per week||1.5, 3 or 4.5|
|Start date||Every week|
|Price||£15 per week for 1.5 hours, £30 per week for 3 hours and £45 per week for 4.5 hours|