Our English plus Life Skills online course is designed to help teenagers develop the language skills and life skills they need as they go on to become young adults. The course will strengthen English language, teamwork, cultural understanding, internationalism, social confidence and leadership skills using fun and challenging methods. Above all, students are encouraged to unlock their potential and aim high in the future.
There are a maximum of 8 students per class. Lessons are smart and active and students will have the chance to work together with their new friends from around the world.
How do online lessons work?
Classes are accessed using Zoom. Students will need a computer with a camera, somewhere quiet to watch and that’s it!
What is the content of the course?
English language tuition plus stimulating, challenging interactive themes and topics including:
- How to choose a university and a course
- Why sleep? Why stay awake? The science and art of sleeping
- Love and relationships
- Activism and Greta Thunberg
- Social media influencers
- Fake news – is it dangerous?
- Multiculturalism and Immigration
- Gender inequality and women’s rights
- Jobs and career paths
- Addicted to video games
- The environment
- Debating, public speaking and presentation skills
- How to know if someone is attracted to you?
- Making screen time work for you
- How to influence people and get what you want
- Am I a global leader or a global follower?
What does the timetable look like?
You can download the example timetable here:
|Course duration||1,2,3 or 4+ weeks|
|English level required||Elementary to Advanced|
|Time slots available||Option 1: 09:00 – 10:30|
Option 2: 12:00 – 13:30
Option 3: 15:30 – 17:00
(Monday to Friday, UK time, to suit time zones around the world)
|Hours per week||7.5 or 15. Students that take the 15 hour programme must take the middle time slot (option 2) and then either option 1 or option 3|
|Start date||Every Monday until the end of August|
|Price||£75 per week for 7.5 hours and £150 per week for 15 hours. Prices include a report and certificate of attendance at the end of the course|