Online CELTA Course
We have run CELTA programmes at the school for over 30 years and are pleased to announce that we now offer a 100% online CELTA course too! The good thing is there is no commute, and you can always have your coffee next to you on your desk!
The Online CELTA course compared with the CELTA course In-person
- The qualification is the same, therefore you will receive the same certifcate if you pass. It won’t say Online teaching on it because the course aims to prepare you to teach online and face-to-face.
- Both the Training sessions you receive and the Teaching Practice you do with students are via Zoom
- Pre-course and post-course dates: there 3 days before the start and 2 days after the course have an induction and to complete units from the access course.
- The course is divided into Online Access sessions and Live sessions
- Online Access:
- made by Cambridge Assessment, who design the CELTA course, set the rules and assess Studio Cambridge’s delivery.
- consists of an Orientation module, 30 units and an observation of a video lesson
- can be done at a time of your choosing each day, but you need to keep up with the access course day-to-day as it supports and extends the live training sessions
- Live sessions consist of:
- Input or Training sessions when you receive training from a tutor
- Feedback on your teaching practice the previous day – these don’t usually take the 1.5 hours scheduled. There is some time to finalise lesson preparation for the Teaching Practice.
- Observations of online classes taught by qualified teachers
- Tutorials – 1-to-1 meetings with your tutor
Please visit our CELTA Course page for more information.