For ages 14-17
2019 Autumn Camp runs from August 25th until December 22nd
2020 Winter/Spring Camp runs from January 5th until June 14th
(During the break in June, July and August other summer camps offer different course options to this age group).
The Sir George camp, at Studio Main School on Station Road in Cambridge, has been running since 2008. Students usually join for between 1 week and 4 weeks, but longer study is possible.
English language level must be at a minimum of elementary (level 2 to 6).
It is a non-summer camp with intensive English, offering 28 lessons (21 hours) of English per week. It also provides Guided Study sessions 3 days per week after lessons and two free cultural & social activities per week.
Afternoon classes may include projects, Global Leaders, Cambridge University Discovery, Coding or Creative Social Media options.
This is an ideal course for students who wish to have intensive English language study in a homestay environment.
Sir George course centre facts:
- City-centre site
- Lovely Victorian buildings
- 22 classrooms
- Studio Café for meals and social gatherings
- Computers with Internet access and WIFI
- Lovely garden
- Sports Hall 10 minutes walk away
- Indoor swimming pool 10 minutes walk away
- City parks 10 minutes walk away
- Homestay accommodation available in the city
Notes to parents and guardians of students under 18 years old
Our Sir George camp is considered to be a "Junior" course. It is for ages 14 to 17, but rules vary slightly for ages 16 & 17 compared to ages 15 and under.
Some students aged 16 & 17 prefer to join our Intensive English "adult" courses (such as EFL-28) and they may sometimes study in classes with Sir George students.
It is important to note that on Sir George:
- The levels of supervision are higher than those provided on our "adult" courses, but we do not provide 24-hour supervision and students will not always be supervised during free time
(See Free time and supervision in the "Timetable" tab above for details)
- All students are expected to make their own travel arrangements to and from their accommodation.
- Students aged 16 & 17 may sometimes study in classes with students aged 18 or older
- Students aged 16 & 17 may sometimes study in classes with students aged 15 or younger
- The maximum age for students in class with ages14 & 15 will be 17 years year old
(see point 20 of our Terms and Conditions).
- There are strict "curfew" rules regarding the latest time under 18s can return to their accommodation in the evening (see the Free time and supervision in the "Timetable" tab above).
- On homestay camps it is normal for students to have some periods of time in the homestay house without an adult present
- Students aged under 18 are not permitted to travel independently outside of Cambridge without a responsible adult
- One specified afternoon activity is provided per week for Sir George students. The school’s social programme for Intensive English ("adult") Courses is not available to Sir George students.
- School social activities are supervised by members of staff, but all students attending social events are expected to make their own way back to their accommodation
- We sell tickets for full-day and weekend excursions run by other companies but not to under 18s, as we do not think the companies which run them provide the necessary supervision for this age group. Under 18s can only join Studio-organised excursions, which are led by our staff but do allow some unsupervised free-time
- We advise parents not to allow students to make their own independent transfer arrangements. Return taxi transfers arranged by Studio are included in the camp fees.
(see the blue "Airport transfers" tab for details)
- On arrival, students should aim to arrive in their accommodation in Cambridge no later than 20:00
Back to Top Other summer camps