Studio uses all reasonable care to make sure that the information which appears on this site is up-to-date and accurate.
Errors and omissions do sometimes occur, and the user should not take the accuracy of information presented on this site for granted.
Although Studio has chosen a secure server for its credit card booking forms, we cannot be held responsible for breaches in this security and users leave their credit card details at their own risk.
Studio cannot be held responsible for material placed on this site by an unauthorised third party.
For terms and conditions which apply to Studio Cambridge's language courses, please see below or refer to the Studio brochure, which can be sent free of charge on request or downloaded from this website.
Studio Language Courses (Cambridge) Ltd., trading as Studio Cambridge.
These Terms and Conditions apply both to the student and to his or her parent or guardian if the student is under the age of 18 years (the person who signs the Application Form). The words "you" and "your", therefore, apply to both the student and his or her parent or legal guardian. The text in black refers to all students. Text in blue refers to students applying for, or taking, our Intensive English Courses. Text in green refers to students applying for, or taking, our Language and Activity Programmes.
The text in black refers to all students.
Text in blue refers to students applying for, or taking, our Intensive English Courses
Text in green refers to students applying for, or taking, our summer or winter camps for young learners.
1. The Studio Cambridge brochure and the Course Fees and Application leaflets supersede all previous versions.
2. We undertake to offer our courses and services as described in the Studio Cambridge brochure. We are, however, reliant on the accuracy of applications for enrolment when assigning students to courses and accommodation (by age or nationality, for example).
3. We do not accept responsibility for the provision of any services that are not expressly mentioned in the brochure.
4. All courses are offered subject to demand.
5. Where insufficient bookings lead us to cancel any course mentioned in the brochure, we will make every effort to offer you an alternative course.
6. If we are unable to accept your application for enrolment, we will offer you an alternative course or course start date or will suggest a similar course at a comparable school. If these are not acceptable to you, we will refund all monies paid.
7. We reserve the right not to accept any application. In the event that your application is declined, all monies received will be refunded in full.
8. Once your application has been received, and the enrolment confirmed, a binding contract exists between you and Studio Cambridge.
9. Once a contract exists, all fees are due for the full period of your course.
10. Payments may not be made in instalments.
11. The person signing the application takes responsibility for paying all required fees.
12. Fees must be received by Studio Cambridge no less than four weeks before the start of your course. Failure to comply with our payment terms may result in your enrolment being cancelled.
13. In compliance with British government regulations, the School will not accept cash payments in excess of €15,000 or their equivalent.
14. You must pay any bank charges incurred in making the payment to the school.
15. Any change which results in additional charges must be paid for before the change is implemented.
Applicants with disabilities
16. Studio Cambridge's main school is located in 100 year old buildings on five floors and without lifts. We have limited facilities for the disabled, therefore, but do our best to make reasonable adjustments in order to accommodate the needs of such students.
We also run courses at many other schools and colleges; students are accommodated in student residences or with host families, and social, cultural and sport activities are often included as part of our educational programmes. The suitability and accessibility for disabled students of the schools, the courses and the accommodation are different in each case.
If you have any physical, mental or learning impairment or special educational need please inform us prior to enrolment. We will be pleased to advise on the suitability of each of our schools, educational programmes, activities and accommodation to you as an individual.
17. If you come from a country whose nationals are required to be in possession of a visa to enter the United Kingdom, it is your responsibility to obtain that visa.
18. On receipt of your application, plus the deposit or full fees, we will confirm receipt of the application and a place on the course will be kept open for you.
19. The booking itself will not be confirmed until you inform the School that you are in possession of a visa.
20. On request, we will give you a letter confirming that your application has been received or a "CAS" (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies). These can be used to support your application for a visa.
21. If your application for a visa is unsuccessful, we will refund all monies paid on receipt of a copy of the letter of refusal from the British authorities (British Consulate or Visa Section of a British Embassy). If an appeal process is available to you, we will only make the refund when the appeal has been unsuccessful.
22. All students are expected to complete the course in which they have enrolled and to attend all classes. If you fail to do so we may advise the British authorities (the Home Office) of your noncompliance with these conditions.
23. If you are dissatisfied with a course, or any aspect of the services offered by Studio Cambridge, you must bring that dissatisfaction to the attention of the Principal or Course Director as soon as possible in order that a solution may be found without delay.
24. Once a complaint has been brought to our attention we will make every effort to resolve the problem within 24 hours.
25. If you are still not happy with the situation you may ask for the matter to be referred to the Operations Director, who will give a decision within 24 hours.
26. We will not accept a complaint after the end of the course, if it has not been brought to our attention as explained above.
27. We expect all our students to be well motivated, polite and considerate towards others, especially their Homestay hosts, and to observe such rules as are at the time in force.
28. We reserve the right to require any student who does not comply with the above to leave the course. In this case, no refund of fees will be made, and any extra costs involved will be the responsibility of the student or his or her parents or sponsor.
29. We reserve the right to ask any student whose course attendance is unsatisfactory to leave the programme. In this case, no refund of fees will be made.
30. In the event that a student is required to leave a course, we will inform the appropriate authorities (such as the British Home Office).
31. By enrolling you on a Studio Cambridge course, your parents/guardians are granting you permission to attend any activities organised by the school or arranged by the school through third parties (such as Travelsights Lts. for excursions).
32. If your English is at the Beginner level and in the unlikely event that there are no other students at your level, we reserve the right to offer you private lessons in lieu of group lessons until you have reached the appropriate level. There will be no additional charge, but the number of private lessons will be provided at a ratio of 1 private lesson = 3 group lessons.
33. We do not accept liability for the loss of, or damage to, any person's property while on the School's premises. We do not accept any liability for loss or damage in which our students are involved.
34. We will hold you liable for any wilful damage you may cause and you will be asked to pay for the cost of repair or replacement.
35. With a minimum of one weeks' notice and the agreement of the Director of Studies or Principal, students who have been studying for 12 weeks or longer may take a one week holiday, for every 12 weeks of their studies. Such holidays may only be taken if they begin and end on weekends. Subject to your hosts' agreement, you may return to, and leave your belongings at, your homestay during this time. In this case, a fee may be charged.
36. We shall not be liable to you in the event that any service contracted to be supplied becomes impossible to supply because of any circumstances, such as industrial dispute, which are outside our control.
For students taking an Intensive English Course
Cancellation of your application
37. If we receive cancellation of your course, in writing, more than four weeks before the course starts, you will be responsible for paying just the Registration Fee (£70.00).
38. If you cancel a course, in writing, and we receive this notification less than four weeks before the course starts, you will be responsible for paying the Registration Fee and Deposit (a total of £300.00).
39. If we do not receive your cancellation in writing, or do so after the course in which you are enrolled has started, your cancellation will be treated as "termination" of the course. The conditions pertaining to termination are given below.
Termination of your course or accommodation
40. If you wish to withdraw from your course (the lessons) once it has started, you must give four weeks' written notice or make payment of Tuition fees in lieu of notice. A refund will then be made of 50% of the Tuition fees for the unused portion of the course in excess of the four weeks' notice period.
41. If you wish to withdraw from your accommodation it will be kept available, and must be paid, until the Saturday of the week after you give us notice. A refund will then be made of 100% of the Accommodation fees remaining from that Saturday onward.
42. Please note: the insurance policy (included in the fees) covers you for cancellation or withdrawal from a course due to illness or other compelling reasons. If you are eligible for a refund under the provisions of this insurance, no further refund will be made by the School. Details of the insurance are available from Studio Cambridge.
For students taking a Summer or Winter Camp for young learners
Cancellation of your application
43. If we receive cancellation of your course, in writing, more than four weeks before the course starts, you will be responsible for paying just the deposit (£300.00).
44. If you cancel your course less than four weeks before the course starts, or if you fail to cancel, you will be responsible for paying the full fees for your course.
Termination of your course
45. No refunds will be made for early withdrawal from a course.
Please note: the insurance policy (included in the fees) covers you for cancellation or withdrawal from a course due to illness or other compelling reasons. If you are eligible for a refund under this insurance, no further refund will be made by the School. Details of the insurance are available from Studio Cambridge
46. Refunds will be made only to the person (such as a parent) or organisation (such as a Studio Cambridge agent) from whom we received the fees. Refunds can only be made to you if you originally paid the fees directly to Studio Cambridge yourself. All refunds will be made to the original payer's bank account or credit card and will not be made in cash.
47. Refunds will not be given for any part of the programme (such as an excursion) missed because of your arrival, departure or other travel arrangements.
48. All refunds will be made in £ Sterling only.
49. Any bank or other charges payable will be deducted from the money refunded to you.
50. Any refunds made will be based on the published fees for the length of the course taken.
Your agreement to these terms and conditions
51. By signing the application form, you or your parents/guardians:
52. You or your parents/guardians also grant permission for Studio Cambridge to include you in photographic images (whether still or moving) of the school and to use the images for the promotion of the school in brochures, in social media (e.g. Facebook) and on the Studio web site.
56. Signing the application form or enrolling online implies your understanding and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, and of the information contained in the brochure, and the Fees and Application form.
© Studio Cambridge 2015
The Full Circle Education Group of Hong Kong...
Cambridge The University of Cambridge digital te...
Cambridge a town rooted in history is modest in si...
People from around the world are on a miss...
If you have ever booked a course with us with home...
It’s not every day that your student...