English camps for young learners from Studio, Cambridge’s oldest English language school
As an English language school recommended and accredited by the British Council, we have over 50 years experience of running international English camps for young learners. Each year we welcome over 3,000 students from more than 60 different countries. The mix of nationalities changes from year to year, however we work hard to keep a great international mix of students at all camps.
Choice of locations
Our camps are run at our own school in Cambridge, at Cambridge University colleges, and at some of the best schools or campuses that England has to offer.
Designed for different ages
Each camp is intended for a specific age group. Therefore the academic, social and sports content, accommodation and the level of welfare and supervision are all carefully designed according to the age range.
What’s included in the price of English camps for young learners?
- English language tuition
- Homestay or residential accommodation
- All meals
- Transfers – from and to London’s main airports
- A full programme of activities
- Excursions – full-day and half-day excursions each week (depending on the camp)
- Welfare – a high staff-to-student supervision ratio
- Medical insurance
- 24 hour emergency telephone number
- End of course report and certificate
Teaching to inspire
Our teaching concentrates on improving vocabulary and speaking skills. In this way we build on the English students have already studied in their home country. We also adapt our teaching to the learning styles of our students offering:
- Multinational classes with students from a range of countries
- Challenging and motivating lessons
- Emphasis on speaking, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Opportunities to make new friends in and out of the classroom
Classes at the right level
All of our camps provide classes at a wide range of levels. Students are tested on the first day and placed in the right class to meet their learning needs. In addition, we also provide weekly progress testing so we can move students up levels as their English improves.
Options and themes
Many of our camps also offer course enrichment options that run throughout the programme. These include Global Leaders, Cambridge University Discovery, Coding, Dance, Creative Social Media and IELTS.
Certificate of Studies and Academic Report
At the end of the course all students receive a certificate showing the camp and course studied and the dates of stay. In addition, the teacher will also write a personalised Academic Report which shows both progress and also the level attained in each area of English. Therefore, students will be able to show their parents, teachers and prospective colleges or employers how much their English has improved.
All our camps feature a variety of activities in addition to the English lessons. Activity sessions include sports, arts & crafts, local visits, language games and social events. The programmes are busy, ensuring there is always lots to do!
Depending on the camp, there will be one full-day excursion each week or two full day excursions and a half-day excursion each week. Typical destinations include London, Windsor Castle, Oxford and Christ Church College, Cambridge, Brighton, Warwick Castle, Stratford-upon-Avon, Theme parks and Leeds Castle so plenty of sightseeing can be done!
Welfare, free time and supervision
We are very conscious of our responsibility to our young students, therefore we aim to keep supervision levels high. The amount of unsupervised free time for students varies depending on the age and camp. Above all, our camps offer:
- Pleasant and safe surroundings
- High quality host schools and colleges
- Accommodation, teaching and activities, with rules and supervision appropriate to the age group of the camp
- A high staff-to-student ratio
- At least one Studio Cambridge Welfare Officer at every camp
- Live-in Studio Cambridge staff at each centre
- 24 hour emergency telephone